Gathi Analytics is a relentlessly client focused group who builds ground-breaking data solutions for Smart Cities, Payment Services, Healthcare, Finance, and so much more. Gathi Analytics leverages proprietary frameworks and methodologies to deliver solutions faster, without compromising quality. We help our clients gain data insights they never thought possible and understand their data assets in ways they never could before. If this sounds like you, please read on.
About the BI Architect Role
BI Architect will participate as the BI lead, translating business needs into analytics/reporting requirements, and interface with internal team members and business users to ensure successful delivery of dashboards/reports on MicroStrategy & Tableau. Provide design oversight and serve as technical escalation point for the development, implementation and support of business intelligence solution. Provide SME knowledge, technical planning expertise in the areas of business intelligence architecture, solution design and development, performance tuning/optimization, testing, implementation, and infrastructure.
- Gather and analyze research results, and synthesize the findings, identifying opportunities and issues, and recommend solutions that meet the client objectives, demonstrate a level of excellence, and may be achieved within budget
- Architect end-to-end solutions across distributed, host and Business Intelligence environments
- Directs and oversees high level strategic and tactical decisions for business intelligence tools and applications.
- Provide high-level sitemap and wireframes or work with designers as appropriate to translate strategic recommendations into wireframes and documentation that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Proven ability to create an architecture solution in alignment with the reference architecture and utilize foundational services to address the quality attributes (non-functional requirements) of the solution. Create Information Architecture while collaborating with engineers & designers
- Lead proof of concept efforts for candidate architectures and work on BI tool comparison and recommendations
- Assist in the remediation of application stability and performance.
- Facilitates organizational data strategies for governance, design, implementation, integration and usage.
- Responsible for leading the design and maintenance of business intelligence applications.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Give input into developing the budget.
- Resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in designing, building BI solution, gathering and analyzing user requirements
- Minimum 10+ years of experience creating reports, dashboards, and/or summarizing large amounts of data into actionable intelligence to drive business decisions
- Minimum 10+ years of experience with MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySql, or PostgreSQL
- Minimum 10+ years hands on experience in more than one BI tool – MicroStrategy / Qlik/ Tableau/ Power BI etc., Advanced to Expert working knowledge of Transact-SQL (T-SQL) and demonstrated ability to create ad-hoc SQL queries to analyze data, create prototypes, wireframes etc.
- Has worked on large complex reporting for external users.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks across multiple projects with tight deadlines and aggressive goals.
- Data preparation and modeling a plus.
- Public or hybrid cloud environments are a plus.
- Big data technologies like Snowflake, Spark, Scala, Kafka, Hbase, Hadoop, MongoDB and Redshift are a plus.
- Ability to understand complex issues and clearly articulate complex ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to champion change, influence and drive results in a complex organization.
- Ability to lead workshops or training sessions within a user community a plus.
If this role sounds like you, we invite you to apply. Our recruiting team will be in touch shortly with qualified candidates regarding next steps.
Gathi Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and provides opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law.