|San Antonio, TX, US
Gathi Analytics is a relentlessly client focused group who builds ground-breaking data solutions for Smart Cities, Payment Services, Healthcare, Finance, and so much more. Gathi Analytics leverages proprietary frameworks and methodologies to deliver solutions faster, without compromising quality. We help our clients gain data insights they never thought possible and understand their data assets in ways they never could before. If this sounds like you, please read on.
About the Data Engineer Role
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Create, develop, configure and execute end to end business and technical data lineage across disparate sources in accordance with the Data Governance Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Understanding business requirements, Designing and building applications according to requirements.
- Develop Metadata and Data Lineage Solutions for multiple data sources across On Prem and Cloud environments.
- Profile and analyze existing data for quality issues relating to completeness, validity, consistency, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Perform source-to-destination data mapping, including definition of data rules, action rules, and data lineage.
- Performs traceability and data lineage analysis for data elements identified by Data Quality Defects.
- Maintain working documentation for Data Quality Defect analysis and recommendations.
- Complete documentation in standard format of all findings and recommendations for Data Quality Defects.
- Profiles data for statistical analysis and assessment of data to document the effectiveness of data quality controls and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Document business metadata, understand and govern reference data, translate business rules into data quality rules, and implement controls
- Exposure to IBM, Informatica, Talend data governance and linage tools
- Define and document process/technical flows for business/technology teams.
- Act as the guardian of the Glossary within the Group Data Dictionary, challenging the quality of submissions and changes to Glossary content.
- Lead cross-divisional and functional discussions to facilitate common definitions and standards of Data, and chair Data Glossary forums and sub-forums
- Participates in development of software user manuals.
- Ensuring consistent unit testing and Supporting the technology infrastructure team implementation.
- Notify clients once updates have been made.
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics.
- Previous experience as a Data lineage Developer.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to identify risks and mitigation.
- Good mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and team-working skills.
If this role sounds like you, we invite you to apply. Our recruiting team will be in touch shortly with qualified candidates regarding next steps.
Gathi Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and provides opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law.