|San Antonio, TX
Gathi Analytics is a relentlessly client focused group who builds ground-breaking data solutions for Smart Cities, Payment Services, Healthcare, Finance, and so much more. Gathi Analytics leverages proprietary frameworks and methodologies to deliver solutions faster, without compromising quality. We help our clients gain data insights they never thought possible and understand their data assets in ways they never could before. If this sounds like you, please read on.
About the Data Solutions Architect Role
This role is responsible for managing the full life cycle of a Data Engineering/Analytics solution and implementation. This includes capturing/creating the requirement, analysis, the platform selection, design of the technical architecture, application design and development, testing, and deployment of the proposed solution.
- Lead development and ongoing maintenance and enhancement of applications running on on-premise or on Cloud and business intelligence tools.
- Manages requests, projects, and team, including task assignment, progress monitoring and output review of all developers.
- Manage stakeholder expectations with continuous engagement through status reports, proactive communication on new opportunities and issues.
- Design solution architecture, conducts analysis and development of applications and proof of concepts
- Acts as subject matter expert related to the effective use of analytical or BI methodologies, particularly those related to decision tree, time series data, forecasting, or data visualization and dashboard design.
- Build different design patterns, data architecture, Cloud technology stack (AWS/Azure)
- Requirement mapping source to target.
- Benchmark systems analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them.
- Clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms, document use cases, solutions, and recommendations.
- Help program and project managers in the planning and governance of implementing projects of any kind.
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution.
- Involve in all aspects of architecture, design, build, engineering, and implementation of technical solutions using in any one of the technical platforms (JAVA, Microsoft, Azure, AWS, Hadoop Stack etc.,)
- Understand the enterprise architecture roadmap and research, identify, and recommend industry best practices for solving business problems
- Provide recommendations and technical guidance to improve performance, reliability, and reusability within the constraints of budget, resource, and business dependencies
- Continuous learning and keep track of the latest developments in business/ technical advancements
- Demonstrate the compassion to lead and bring value to the architecture portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred but equivalent experience may be substituted.
- 15+ years IT experience, with focus on solutioning and data architecture
- 10+ years’ experience with SQL (ability to read/write/manipulate queries)
- 15+ years of strong solution architecture experience in variety of IT positions. Recent 5+ years of experience must be on solution/systems/ enterprise architecture with large scale complex IT systems
- 5+ years’ experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience and knowledge in handling Fortune 500 companies.
- Warehouse architectures including ETL design, staging, transformations
- Star-schemas, cubes, dimensional modeling
- Database platform layouts and configurations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, highly technical environment
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Troubleshooting complex system issues, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and translate user requirements into technical specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Conduct current state assessment and map opportunities and organizational goals to target state architecture and roadmap.
- Working creatively and analytically in a problem-solving and fast-paced agile development environment.
- Experience in knowledge of MapReduce, HBase, Pig, MongoDB, Cassandra, Impala, Oozie, Mahout, Flume, Zookeeper/Sqoop and Hive
- Strong database fundamentals including SQL, performance, and schema design
If this role sounds like you, we invite you to apply. Our recruiting team will be in touch shortly with qualified candidates regarding next steps.
Gathi Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and provides opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law.