|San Antonio, TX, US
Gathi Analytics is a relentlessly client focused group who builds ground-breaking data solutions for Smart Cities, Payment Services, Healthcare, Finance, and so much more. Gathi Analytics leverages proprietary frameworks and methodologies to deliver solutions faster, without compromising quality. We help our clients gain data insights they never thought possible and understand their data assets in ways they never could before. If this sounds like you, please read on.
About the Scrum master Role
As an experienced Scrum Master, your mission is to help lead the team towards creating next-level solutions that improve the way the business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help the team raise their game, meeting standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities like Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc. Good skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum. Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Assist the Data Architect in creating and updating a Road Map for Data team.
- Should collaborate with other data professionals, engineers, and business operation experts to understand and address reporting needs.
- Work closely with engineering and design resources to understand and create user stories and epics.
- Have experience creating mocks ups, data flow diagrams, process diagram, project plan, and charters.
- Document and organize requirements using Agile methods like themes, epics and user stories with detailed acceptance criteria.
- Delegate SCRUM meetings as well was maintaining JIRA board.
- Should be familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments, and Agile practices.
- Experience in database development, reporting tools and data analysis.
- Ability to work across multiple databases (Db2/MSSQL/Cassandra/Hadoop etc) and be able to correlate the data for analysis.
- Ability to write SQL queries is a big plus.
- Experience with tools like Pentaho/Tableau/Talend/NiFi is also desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks across multiple projects with tight deadlines and aggressive goals.
- Ability to understand complex issues and clearly articulate complex ideas.
- Familiarity with JIRA boards Knowledge of other Agile approaches, like Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.
- Knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum, so that he can explain other methodologies to motivate his team.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand team needs
- Should have knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Highly detailed oriented.
- Previously worked in agile and scrum.
- Be a Team Player, willing to wear multiple hats
If this role sounds like you, we invite you to apply. Our recruiting team will be in touch shortly with qualified candidates regarding next steps.
Gathi Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and provides opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law.