|San Antonio, TX
Gathi Analytics is a relentlessly client focused group who builds ground-breaking data solutions for Smart Cities, Payment Services, Healthcare, Finance, and so much more. Gathi Analytics leverages proprietary frameworks and methodologies to deliver solutions faster, without compromising quality. We help our clients gain data insights they never thought possible and understand their data assets in ways they never could before. If this sounds like you, please read on.
About the Data Engineer Role
You are a savvy Data Engineer eager to join a growing team of analytics experts. In this role, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. You will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You are self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. You are excited by the prospect of optimizing and innovating existing data architecture to support the next generation of products and data initiatives.
This requires understanding of the activities involved in legacy ETL code to migration of to Cloud using latest technology stack like data build tool and Snowflake database. Leverage existing/build new processes/framework to for quicker and control migration. This involves and not limited to:
- Analysis and Reverse Engineering of Data Stage code.
- Develop ELT data pipeline to migrate applications using DBT and Snowflake framework
- Scheduling and dependency management of data pipeline with proper auditing
- Register and Build ingestion pipeline with test automation of code.
- Implement test automation in the data pipeline.
- Build detailed technical design, conduct analysis, development of applications and proof of concepts.
- Responsible for translating functional ETL requirements into a technical design document, building the DataStage jobs and sequences to pull data from the source into staging tables, from staging tables into historical tables using Change Data Capture methodologies, and then from historical tables into dimensional data marts for reporting.
- Communicate progress across organization and levels from individual contributor to senior executive. Identify and clarify issues/problems that need action and drive appropriate decisions and actions relating to system integrations, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Design and develop new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Overseeing the testing, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of the applications.
- Consult with project teams and end users to identify any further application requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Instruct, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Participate in development of software user manuals.
- Design and build applications as per the given requirement adhering to the guidelines.
- Ensure consistent unit testing and support the technology infrastructure team implementation.
- Notify clients once updates have been made.
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics.
- 5+ years of experience as a DataStage Developer.
- 5+ Years of complex SQL / PL SQL development experience
- 2+ years of experience in writing scripts using Unix or Python
- Experience working in Agile framework
- 3+ years of experience in Migration from Data Stage to other technologies
- Working experience on AWS
If this role sounds like you, we invite you to apply. Our recruiting team will be in touch shortly with qualified candidates regarding next steps.
Gathi Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and provides opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law.