|San Antonio, TX
Gathi Analytics is a relentlessly client-focused group who builds ground-breaking data solutions for Smart Cities, Payment Services, Healthcare, Finance, and so much more. Gathi Analytics leverages proprietary frameworks and methodologies to deliver solutions faster, without compromising quality. We help our clients gain data insights they never thought possible and understand their data assets in ways they never could before. If this sounds like you, please read on.
About the Business Analyst Role
This role plays a critical part in the development of an automated compliance monitoring system for IT Controls. Must be experienced in requirement gathering, data analysis, use case documentation. Review business requirements with project teams to propose and produce technical documentation such as current state, future state, gap analysis, source to target mapping, data flow diagrams, and test cases. Work with the development team in seamless implementation of each task. Participate in the Agile development process in delivering increments of final product.
- Gather requirements from JAD sessions with business users.
- Design and develop Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOD to represent the requirements to communicate the information effectively with users, developers and testers.
- Work closely with business users, subject matter experts to understand and document functional and non-functional requirements for various use cases.
- Identify/document data sources and transformation rules required to populate and maintain data warehouse content.
- Review and analyze data and data models including reports to augment the requirement for use cases with technical information for facilitating development and data modeling activities.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings to stakeholders and team members.
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Write data analysis SQL queries to profile and document metadata to analyze data and augment key inputs required.
- Perform extensive requirement analysis, develop use cases and workflows.
- Play key role in the planning, User Acceptance Testing, and Implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Develop strategic partnerships with the business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line including the business plan, products, process and revenue streams.
- Develop business requirement specification documents as well as high-level project plan
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics.
- 10+ years of experience working as Business Analysts.
- 5+ years of experience in T-SQL and multiple databases like SQL Server, Oracle or Netezza.
- 5+ years of experience in projects involving Java, Spring Batch or Spring-Kafka.
- 3+ years of experience in Reporting tool like Tableau.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Conducted bench marking activities to identify best practices
If this role sounds like you, we invite you to apply. Our recruiting team will be in touch shortly with qualified candidates regarding next steps.
Gathi Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and provides opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law.