|Columbus, OH & Columbia, SC
Gathi Analytics is a relentlessly client-focused group who builds ground-breaking data solutions for Smart Cities, Payment Services, Healthcare, Finance, and so much more. Gathi Analytics leverages proprietary frameworks and methodologies to deliver solutions faster, without compromising quality. We help our clients gain data insights they never thought possible and understand their data assets in ways they never could before. If this sounds like you, please read on.
About the Business Analyst Role
Review business requirements with project teams to propose and produce technical documentation such as data architecture, data modeling, data dictionary, source to target mapping with transformation rules, ETL data flow design, and test cases. Discover, explore, analyze and document data from all source and target systems to better understand the total scope of Data Availability. Participate in the Agile development process to develop automated data pipes. Optimize queries, data aggregations, and data pipes and improve data models in order to optimize and improve data delivery performance.
- Gather requirements from JAD sessions with business users.
- Design and develop Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOD to represent the requirements to communicate the information effectively with users, developers and testers.
- Work closely with business users, subject matter experts to understand and document functional and non-functional requirements for various use cases.
- Identify/document data sources and transformation rules required to populate and maintain data warehouse content.
- Reverse engineer ETL jobs, Reports, SQL scripts to capture rules and build end-end mapping sheet.
- Review and analyze data and data models including reports to augment the requirement for use cases with technical information for facilitating development and data modeling activities.
- Partner with data modeler to facilitate design and build of conceptual, logical and physical data models for Data Marts and the Data Warehouse.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings to stakeholders and team members.
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Be involved in formatting data stores and generate UML diagrams of logical and physical data assets.
- Write data analysis SQL queries to profile and document metadata to analyze data and augment key inputs required for data modeling and ETL build activities.
- Perform extensive requirement analysis, develop use cases and workflows.
- Play key role in the planning, User Acceptance Testing, and Implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Develop strategic partnerships with the business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line including the business plan, products, process and revenue streams.
- Parsing high-level design specification to simple ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Develop business requirement specification documents as well as high-level project plan
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics.
- 10+ years of experience working as Business Analysts.
- 6+ years of experience in T-SQL and multiple databases like SQL Server, Oracle.
- 3+ years of experience in Informatica and other ETL tools.
- 5+ years of experience in Reporting tool like MicroStrategy and Tableau.
- Experience Hadoop / Big Data Technologies and Cloud – Azure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Conducted bench marking activities to identify best practices
If this role sounds like you, we invite you to apply. Our recruiting team will be in touch shortly with qualified candidates regarding next steps.
Gathi Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and provides opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law.