|San Antonio, TX
About the Sr. Tableau Developer Role
Senior Tableau Developer will participate as the BI lead, translating business needs into analytics/reporting requirements, and interface with internal team members and business users to ensure successful delivery of dashboards/reports on Tableau. Provide design oversight and serve as technical escalation point for the development, implementation and support of business intelligence solution. Provide SME knowledge, technical planning expertise in the areas of business intelligence architecture, solution design and development, performance tuning/optimization, testing, implementation, and infrastructure.
As Sr. Tableau Developer, you will be responsible to
- Design develop and test moderate to complex Tableau dashboards and data visualizations.
- Leverage established guidelines and custom designs to create complex formulas and calculations to meet the needs of the business.
- Design, develop, and test moderate to complex reports using Tableau and Transact-SQL, SSIS, Stored Procedures and Functions in SQL Server.
- Contribute to the definition and development of the overall reporting roadmap.
- Translate reporting requirements into reporting models, visualizations and reports by having a strong understanding of the enterprise architecture.
- Standardize reports that helps generate efficiencies, optimization and end user standards.
- Integrate dashboards and reports from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality, usability and business rule standards.
- Determine methods and procedures on new or existing requirements and functionality with little to no guidance.
- Work closely with analysts and data engineers to identify opportunities and assess improvements of products and services.
- Drive workshops or training sessions with the business user community to further their knowledge and use of Reporting and Visualization tools.
- Produce and maintain accurate project documentation.
- Collaborate with various data providers to resolve dashboard, reporting and data related issues.
- Perform Data Services reporting benchmarking, enhancements, optimizations, and platform analytics.
- Develop from strategic and non-strategic data sources including data preparation/ETL and modeling for data visualizations in a self-service platform.
- Participate in the research, development, and adoption of trends in reporting and analytics.
- Mentor BI Developers and BI Analysts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years required, including experience with gathering & analyzing user requirements required.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience creating reports, dashboards, and/or summarizing large amounts of data into actionable intelligence to drive business decisions required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySql, or PostgreSQL required.
- Minimum 5+ years hands on experience in building reports using Tableau.
- Advanced to Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Transact-SQL (T-SQL) and demonstrated ability to create ad-hoc SQL queries to analyze data, create prototypes, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks across multiple projects with tight deadlines and aggressive goals.
- Experience with PowerBI, QlikView/Qlik Sense, MicroStrategy, or other Business Intelligence platforms a plus.
- Data preparation and modeling a plus.
- Public or hybrid cloud environments are a plus.
- Big data technologies like Snowflake, Spark, Scala, Kafka, Hbase, Hadoop, MongoDB and Redshift are a plus.
- Ability to understand complex issues and clearly articulate complex ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to champion change, influence and drive results in a complex organization.
- Ability to lead workshops or training sessions within a user community a plus
If this role sounds like you, we invite you to apply. Our recruiting team will be in touch shortly with qualified candidates regarding next steps.
Gathi Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and provides opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law.