|Columbia SC, US
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives
As Data Engineer, you will be responsible to
- Development, testing, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of applications running on Azure Cloud.
- Communicate progress across organizations and levels from individual contributor to senior executive. Identify and clarify issues that need action and drive appropriate decisions and actions. Communicate results clearly and in actionable form
- Detailed technical design, conduct analysis, development of applications and proof of concepts
- Ensure all solutions meet Enterprise Guidelines and industry standards/best practices
- Ensure optimal system performance across BI & Analytics platforms.
Data Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics
- Understanding of the use of Spark to build applications through Java, Scala,complex SQL queries and PLSQL code across large volumes of data in both relational and multi-dimensional data sources such as Teradata, Hive, Impala, MSSQL, Oracle, Teradata
- Enthusiastic to work on disparate data-sets in multiple formats like JSON, Avro, text files, Kafka queues, and Knowledge of software design and programming principles.
- Good mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and team-working skills.