Senior Data Engineer
|Columbia SC, US
San Antonio, TX, US
Senior Data Engineer will play a critical role in the overall vision of enabling Gathi Analytics to utilize information to drive business results. This position is responsible for participating as the technical lead, consulting with business users on business needs, translating business needs into analytics/reporting requirements, and interfacing with internal team members and clients to ensure successful delivery of client applications.
The Software Consultant will provide design oversight and serve as technical escalation point for the development, implementation and support of business intelligence and analytics solutions within Information Technology.
The Software Consultant will provide SME knowledge, technical planning expertise in the areas of business intelligence architecture, solution design and development, performance tuning/optimization, testing, implementation, and infrastructure. This role will define work plans, organizes work for teams and drives technical deliverables for efforts. Will give day to day technical direction and monitor teams technical delivery output, reporting back to management on progress and issues, resolving problems, etc
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Provides technical leadership for DS & BI team to deliver on Gathi’s initiatives. This will include:
- Architecture and design of complex BI solution
- Leading problem resolution tasks
- Document approach for support mechanisms
- Organize and lead technical work streams
- Develops BI & Analytics proof of concepts/prototypes
- Informs and institutes all applicable industry standards/best practices
- Ensure all solutions meet Enterprise Guidelines
- Advises IT and business stakeholders of alternative solutions
- Ensure optimal system performance across Gathi’s BI & Analytics platforms.
- Lead DS & BI team in efforts to monitor system activity, tune performance and architect solutions to meet future demand.
- Offer technical guidance to DS & BI team members across Gathi’s BI & Analytics platforms
- Lead design/requirements sessions with DS & BI business partners
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred but equivalent experience may be substituted
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, highly technical environment
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to troubleshoot complex system issues
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to translate user requirements into technical specifications
- Ability to train and mentor junior level developers
- 10+ years general IT/Technology industry experience in data development/management technical roles
- 7+ years experience designing and developing BI/analytic solutions (OBIEE/SAS or equivalent)
- 5+ years experience BI/Analytics solution architecture (BigData/Power BI or equivalent)
- 5+ years experience in an administrative role in a BI/Analytics environment (BigData/Power BI or equivalent)
- 5+ years experience developing SQL with ORACLE or SQL Server databases
- 3+ years experience tuning BI/analytics applications/servers for the most optimized performance (BigData/Power BI or equivalent)
- 3+ years experience troubleshooting and automating database jobs and code
- 7+ years designing & delivering enterprise-wide BI/Analytics solutions (BigData/Power BI or equivalent)
- 5+ years experience in a data solutions architect role (BigData/Power BI or equivalent)
- 3+ years in a technical lead role
- Timeshare experience a plus