Sr BI Architect (Tableau) – Consultant
|Kansas City, MO, US
BI Architect will participate as the BI lead, to provide design oversight and serve as technical escalation point for the development, implementation and support of business intelligence solution. Provide SME knowledge, technical planning expertise in the areas of business intelligence architecture, solution design and development, performance tuning/optimization, access controls, implementation.
As Architect, you will be responsible to
- Determine how to structure the environment from a Data perspective -when to used Hyper files, Direct Connect, Gateways, publish datasets, live connection etc.
- Champion BI Governance to implements BI Lifecycle, environment configuration, setup and promotion to different environments
- Provide and Implement Best Practices, Roles and Groups for internal and external access.
- Directs and oversees high level strategic and tactical decisions for business intelligence tools and applications.
- Lead proof of concept efforts for candidate architectures and work on BI tool comparison and recommendations
- Assist in the remediation of application stability and performance.
- Responsible for leading the design of business intelligence applications.
- Minimum 14+ years’ experience in designing solution, administration, analyzing, user requirements
- Minimum 12+ years of experience creating reports, dashboards, and/or summarizing large amounts of data into actionable intelligence to drive business decisions using Tableau
- Minimum 8+ years working knowledge of Transact-SQL (T-SQL) and demonstrated ability to create ad-hoc SQL queries to analyze data, create prototypes etc. with MS SQL Server, Oracle
- Demonstrated ability to champion change, influence and drive results in a complex organization
- Ability to lead workshops or training sessions within a user community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills